Shopping for the best hair serum can leave you feeling unsure. What if you purchase a product that either has no effect or is irritating for your scalp? Or, even worse, what if your hair growth serum is more like a hair loss serum and causes your hair to shed? Thankfully, I'm here to answer some questions you might have, like what exactly is a hair serum? Do they work, and if so, how? Am I the right candidate to use hair serum for hair growth? What is the best hair serum for me?
I'll help answer these questions and even recommend a few products based on your needs. I'll also offer some tips for maintaining healthy hair!
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
What Are Hair Growth Serums?
Walking into any hair product aisle, you will find a great variety of hair serums for different needs. Ones that target frizzy, dry hair or different scalp conditions, like itching. What most hair serums have in common is that they are light, liquid hair products applied either directly on your scalp or the lengths of your hair. In this article, I will mainly focus on hair serums for hair growth. But below you will find some recommendations for other needs as well, so stay tuned!
Hair Growth Serums help stimulate growth at the root by targeting the hair follicles. These products are formulated with potent ingredients that help to stimulate hair growth and extend the growing period of each strand of hair, which means less shedding. The best hair growth serums are based on clinically proven active ingredients for hair growth. So before purchasing an expensive hair loss serum, remember to do your research!
Besides hair loss serums targeting your scalp, there are hair serums specifically designed for men, like this Wonder Beard™ Growth Serum for those who may have patchy facial hair growth or are looking for a denser and longer beard.
Do Hair Serums for Hair Growth Work?
Although each person's results will vary depending on genetics, hormones, or health, many people have found great success using hair growth serums. To find out if a serum is the best solution for you, I recommend starting by getting a proper diagnosis for your hair loss. Hair loss serums based on proven ingredients can encourage hair growth, but it’s always important to manage your expectations and stay patient.
Also, when on the hunt for the best hair growth serum, be sure to look for clinically proven ingredients and products. Otherwise, you might end up with a gimmicky hair serum and end up paying for products that have not gone through clinical trials and are not doing anything for your hair. The best hair serum for hair growth will have researched, high-quality ingredients working together for optimal results.
When incorporating new products into your routine, be sure that you stick with it. Often, hair serum for hair growth can be ditched too soon or are not used regularly. The best hair serums and scalp serums for hair growth typically take patience to produce results. So if you stop using the product too soon, you won’t see much hair growth!
Hair Growth Serum: Ingredients to Look For
The best hair growth serums and products stimulate your scalp and extend the growing period of each strand of hair, which means less shedding. Using clinically proven ingredients like Redensyl®, RootBioTec™, CAPIXYL™, and AnaGain™ will offer the best results.
Here is how these ingredients work together to offer the best hair growth serum:
- AnaGain™ – This works to stimulate your dermal papilla cells (cells in the base of your hair follicles).
- CAPIXYL™ – A peptide combined with red clover extract to prevent and stop hair loss, stimulate hair growth, and reduce inflammation in the skin.
- Redensyl® – Encourages hair follicle cell turnover to improve hair growth and reduce hair loss.
- RootBioTec™ – Helps hair grow denser by reinforcing the dermal structures of the scalp.
Besides these four potent ingredients, Hairlust’s Grow Perfect™ Hair Growth Serum also includes other hair growth stimulating ingredients like caffeine. On top of these active ingredients targeting hair loss, the innovative formula also contains biotin, creatine, glucose, and glycerin, which will help keep your hair and scalp hydrated, moisturized, and strong.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Hair Serum?
Hair serum for hair growth can work by stimulating the follicles to grow more hairs. Some hair serums are intended to grow your hair strands thicker, giving you the appearance of voluminous hair. Some can even encourage hair growth on balding patches where you don’t have any hair.
Often there are other added benefits of using hair serum beyond growing out your hair. Typically, the best hair serums are fortified with vitamins and nutrients that are beneficial for healthy hair and scalp.
Hairlust’s Grow Perfect™ Hair Growth Serum is designed to both reduce hair shedding, increase hair growth and improve overall scalp health. It can promote the growth of stronger hair strands that do not shed as easily in as little as a few weeks. I have a lot of hair shedding because my hair strands are thinner and more delicate. The best hair serum for hair growth for my hair is one that helps grow stronger strands over time.
However, there are plenty of other benefits to using hair serums besides just for growth. Hairlust’s Grow Perfect™ Hair Growth Serum hydrates dry and itchy scalps while protecting against damaging environmental aggressors. Plus, due to its formula being based on multiple humectants, it keeps both your hair and scalp hydrated, preventing dryness and hair breakage. This scalp serum also contains oat kernel extract, which can help soothe an itchy or irritated scalp by renewing and protecting the skin's lipid barrier.
Even if you don’t have hair growth goals, adding a hair serum to your routine can help maintain and improve the health of your hair and scalp.
How to Use a Scalp Serum
I’ll take you through how to use a scalp serum for hair growth.
- Start with either damp or dry hair. Either is fine, as long as your scalp is clean!
- Shake the product well, examine your areas of concern, and be ready to apply some serum.
- If you have never used a scalp serum before, begin by sectioning your hair off, making sure you get right to the scalp and not just hair. You need to get right into those follicles
- As you drop a bit of the product down, be sure to gently massage it in. You want to make sure the product isn’t dripping down your scalp. A couple of drops is enough
- Once you have covered your areas of concern, you’re done! This is a leave-in treatment and should not be washed out. Do not wash your hair or scalp after treatment.
- Repeat daily for the best results.
Keep in mind that the formula is very concentrated, so a few drops will go a long way. If you are experiencing greasy hair after use, you are probably using way too much product.
Choosing the Best Hair Serum For You
Having options for your hair care journey is ideal because hair care is not one-size-fits-all. Hair serums come in many different forms, so it is best to find products that will give you the results you want.
For Hair Growth
When you are looking for a no-fuss hair growth serum that gets right to business, Grow Perfect™ Hair Growth Serum is perfect for you.
For Dry, Damaged Strands
If you have dry hair that easily frizzes, or hair that is sensitive to UV rays, adding Sun Defense Hair Mist to your routine will help. If you use this nourishing mist together with a scalp serum, they can help grow hair that is strong, shiny, and healthy.
For Split Ends
Do you need a hair serum that takes care of dry and damaged split ends? Split Fix™ Hair Oil has your back. This multipurpose hair oil adds moisture, nourishment and shine to your ends.
For Frizzy, Dry, or Coarse Hair
If you're looking for a 100% natural, silicone-free hair serum to deep hydrate, tame and nourish very dry or frizzy strands Moisture Hero™ Hair Oil formulated with six nutrient-rich oils is your answer.
For Dry, Itchy Scalp
To soothe an irritated scalp, try Grow Perfect™ Thickening Spray that will simultaneously boost your hair growth and scalp health. With calming ingredients like rosemary oil and oat extract, your scalp will thank you.
For Patchy Beard
If you are dreaming of a fuller and denser beard, opt for a Wonder Beard™ Growth Serum that contains CAPIXYL™, biotin and caffeine to stimulate facial hair growth. Find out more about how to grow a longer beard here.
Other Hair Growth Products to Add to Your Routine
If you are on the lookout for a hair loss serum, I recommend keeping in mind that there are many approaches to encouraging faster hair growth that complement each other. So to achieve the best results with your hair growth serum, consider taking hair growth supplements and using a hair loss shampoo at the same time.
Hair supplements like Hair Formula Gummies for Women or Men contain vitamins and minerals to help promote hair growth. Proper nutrition is essential when it comes to healthy hair. Ingesting vitamins and minerals like zinc and biotin supports healthy hair growth through proper nutrition.
Hair Formula Gummies for Women
Vegan hair vitamins formulated with biotin and zinc, which contribute to the maintenance of normal hair.
Hair Formula Gummies For Men
Sugar-free hair vitamins for men, with biotin, zinc and selenium, which helps with the maintenance of normal hair.
Hairlust also has specially formulated Grow Perfect™ Shampoo for thinning hair and hair loss. It is perfect if you want to have the benefits of a hair growth serum and a cleansing shampoo all in one. In addition to hair growth ingredients, it contains soothing organic extracts from e.g. aloe vera and rosemary. Pair it with the complementary Grow Perfect™ Conditioner to keep your existing hair strands as healthy as possible, while boosting new growth and reducing shedding.
It’s good to consider several options for hair growth based on your needs and lifestyle. I know I like to have options when it comes to my specific hair care needs, so understandably you would want options as well for your hair growth journey.
Tips for Maintaining Healthy Hair
Along with using high-quality hair products, it is important to keep up with general healthy hair practices. Doing the following will help maintain your hair health:
- Diet - Proper nutrition is essential to growing healthy, strong hair. Incorporating whole foods full of nutrients will help keep your hair, skin, and cells healthy and working properly. Try to include leafy green vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats like avocado and salmon into your diet, as these can help with healthy hair growth. Don’t forget to add a hair growth supplement like Hair Formula Gummies for Women for added vitamin and mineral boost. I recommend speaking with a doctor before making any significant diet changes.
- Avoid Heat – Heat is a healthy hair killer. Applying too much heat with straighteners and dryers instantly dries our hair and can make it brittle. When you can, opt for a towel or air drying your hair. If you have to use a heat tool, always apply a heat protectant first.
- Avoid Tight Hairstyles – It might be okay to occasionally do tight hairstyles if you have an event coming up, but try to avoid it as a habit. If you have to have your hair in a tight updo style, like a high ponytail or tight bun, don’t leave them in for too long.
- Scalp Treat - Add a scalp care routine daily by giving yourself regular scalp massages to boost circulation. My favorite Scalp Delight™ Scalp Massage Brush is a gentle brush with soft and flexible silicone bristles that ensure gentle exfoliation and stimulation of the scalp
I hope I have answered your questions about what hair loss serums are and how to choose the right one for you! How did you choose the best hair growth serum for your hair? Let me know in the comment section below!